Invitation to Webinar on Bonds & Climate Change rpt, Wed 11 Sept: Los Angeles 09:00 / Denver 10:00 / Chicago 11:00 / NYC 12:00 / London 17:00 / Paris 18:00
Join us for a presentation and discussion of the Climate Bonds Initiative report ‘Bonds & Climate Change: the State of the Market 2013’, commissioned by HSBC.
The webinar will include comments from Nick Robins (HSBC) and Sean Kidney (Climate Bonds Initiative) on current findings as well as hurdles and future potential. There will be time for questions and discussion.
- Total universe of climate themed bond market = USD356bn (outstanding)
- The issuance of new climate-themed bonds was USD74bn in 2012, up 25% on 2011
- USD163bn outstanding aligns with benchmark-type rules on credit rating, size & currency.
- Carbon-efficient transport = 75% of the total, followed by clean energy and climate finance.
- 89% of the USD346bn universe is investment grade.