INTRODUCTION TO HALOPHYTES!!
Courtesy of Scientific American
Ethical Markets has been promoting these nutritious salt loving plans grown in 22 countries on unused or degraded lands without pesticides or fertilizers, irrigated only with saltwater.
Green Transition Scoreboard®
“Transitioning to Science-Based Investing” (2019-2020)
Ethical Markets TV
Dr. Hazel Henderson and colleague NASA Chief Scientist Dennis Bushnell
These halophytes (quinoa now in supermarkets, China’s salt tolerant rice & Salicornia soon appearing in diets around the world). A delicious bean similar to the soybean family, many sample recipes and gourmet chefs!
- Greening The Global Food System August 10, 2020
- Agriculture in the Negev: Today’s Desert Pioneers July 10, 2020
- Innovators are turning to the sea to tackle food security June 23, 2020
- Heron Farms grows Salicornia and sources to local chefs June 2, 2020
- Kelp is coming: How seaweed could prevent catastrophic climate change May 20, 2020
- Project: “HALOPHYTES AND THEIR RHIZOSPHERE RELATIONSHIPS” April 17, 2020
- Veggie-loving fish could be the new white meat: Aquaculture potential of the monkeyface prickleback March 20, 2020