SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL. (August 19, 2015) — For its 10th anniversary, the EthicMark® Awards is fielding the best nominations yet! With semi-finalists in each of two categories – non-profit and for-profit – the EthicMark® is proud to present high-caliber campaigns from around the world.
The $500 billion annual global advertising and media sector has the potential to inspire, focus on human potentials while furthering both public and legitimate private interests beyond consumerism. The EthicMark® Awards serve as a “carrot” to cajole the industry into more creative, positive approaches. The 2014 EthicMark® Awards went to Unsung Hero from Thai Life Insurance, Thailand, and Liter of Light from ALiterofLight.org, Philippines. Watch the video highlights of past winners.
This year’s winners will come from this stellar pool of international semi-finalists:
Link to For-Profit Category
- Android, Friends Furever, “Be together; not the same”, USA
- Britta, 48 Billion Bottles, USA
- Ferrero, Who Are You?, Middle East
- Fortis Healthcare, Fortis Health4U, Cancerthon, India
- Interactive Brokers, Investors Marketplace – Grain of Salt, USA
- Joalheria Montecristo, Agua uma Joia (water is a jewel), Brazil
- Lucky Iron Fish, Cambodia
- Nihar Shanti Amla, Magic Hair, India
- Northface, Your Land, USA
- Procter & Gamble, Like a Girl, USA
- Unilever, #BrightFutureSpeeches, Netherlands
- Vangardist, Breaking the Seal, Germany
- Waste2Wear, China
- Whisper, Touch the Pickle, India
- Wipro, Earth Hour, India
Link to Non-Profit Category
- Ad Council, Love Knows No Labels, US
- BBDO and Unit 9, Fashion Revolution, Germany
- Center for Science in the Public Interest, Change the Tune, USA
- Dislife.ru, More than a Sign, Russia
- Foundation for Fundamental Rights, Not a Bug Splat, Pakistan
- Fundacion Argentina De Transplante Hepatico, The Man and the Dog, Argentina
- Greenpeace, Stop Lego Shell collaboration, International
- Instituto Akatu, Agua pede agua (water asks for help), Brazil
- Maos Unidas, Rent a Homeless’s home, Brazil
- No somos delito, Holograms for Freedom, Spain
- Nomore.org, Ordering Pizza, USA
- Rainforest Action Network, Out of Fashion, USA
- Terre des hommes, Amani, Kenya
- WCRS, Women’s Aid and Ocean Outdoor, Bruised Billboard, UK
- WWF, We Breathe What We Buy, Singapore
Unlike other advertising and marketing awards, EthicMark® award-winning companies are recognized for 1) the creativity of their message, 2) the value of the product or service and 3) the quality of the company culture. This all-encompassing standard ensures the integrity of the Awards and the esteem accruable to winners’ reputations.
Tweet your favorites: @ethicalmarkets #EthicMark
Judges’ criteria include: portrayal of healthy lifestyles and behavior for consumers; high standards of responsibility and trustworthiness; respect for diversity and human rights; and avoiding sordid, sensationalist or degrading depictions. Winners model and publicize the value of ethics in well-functioning markets while simultaneously promoting what is profitable for business, society and the planet. The list of internationally respected judges is available at http://www.ethicmark.org/ethicmark-judges-panel/.
The annual EthicMark® Awards are presented in partnership with: ESPM, one of Brazil’s premier institutions of higher education in communication, marketing and business management; GlobeScan; TBLI; Sustainable Brands; Where Good Grows and Tomorrow’s Company. Winners will be announced at the SRI Conference, November 3, 2015.
About Ethical Markets Media
ethical markets media (USA and Brazil) is a micro-multinational social enterprise, Certified B Corporation, with the mission of reforming markets and metrics while helping accelerate and track the transition to the green economy worldwide with the Green Transition Scoreboard®, Ethical Biomimicry Finance® Transforming Finance TV Series and research and daily news at www.ethicalmarkets.com.
Rosalinda Sanquiche, Executive Director, Ethical Markets Media, 904-829-3140 or [email protected]