### REMINDER B&I SIDE EVENT ###
Please join us
Business’ contribution to Rio+20
20 June 2012 19:00 – 20:30
Rio Centro, Room T2
During the preparatory period of the Rio+20 Conference formal and informal, business-led (side) events have been held to share the business perspective on sustainable development and the desired outcome of the Rio+20 process. Besides input to the zero draft and side events in New York, this included also events such as including The Hague Consultation (April 2012), the KPMG Conference (February 2012), and the UN Corporate Sustainability Forum (15-18 June 2012).
These business-led Rio+20 activities culminate in the Business Day on 19 June, bringing the output from these different activities together, and providing a final, unified output from the business community to the Rio+20 Conference.
The side event is intended to provide a forum to present the collective outcomes of all these preparatory business events to the delegations in the Rio+20 process. The presenters will reflect on the progress made by business since the 1992 Summit, discuss the many commitments made by business to sustainable development, and identify a priority set of actions that should be taken in order to address the scale of the challenges that we are facing.
Moderator and setting the stage: Peter Bakker, President, WBCSD
Introduction and panelist:
· Kris Gopalakrishnan, Executive Co-Chairman, Infosys – Chair, BASD 2012
· Elizabeth Thompson, Rio+20 Coordinator, Government of Barbados
· Minister Ben Knapen, Government of The Netherlands
· Steve Lennon, Group Executive Sustainability, Eskom
· Gail Klintworth, Chief Sustainability Officer, Unilever
· Vania Somavilla, Director of the Department of Environment and Sustainable Development, Vale