lft-arrow

Thursday November 27th 2014

40 years of foresight, insight and integrity

rght-arrow

Categories

Interesting Sites

Insider

Archives

Posts Tagged ‘foreclosures’

Call for economic overhaul: Column

Everybody is finding fault with the economy these days. When it doesn't grow quickly enough, business leaders complain, then President Obama announces he is refocusing on the economy yet again. When job growth appears to pick up, as it did last week, investors flee from stocks fearing rising interest rates. It often seems that only those who [...]

Naked Capitalism: SIGTARP – HAMP Servicing Abuses Led to Unwarranted Foreclosures

SIGTARP: HAMP Servicing Abuses Led to Unwarranted Foreclosures The latest SIGTARP (Special Inspector General of the Troubled Asset Relief Program) report is, if such a thing is possible, even more damning than its previous quarterly reports. It slams the Treasury for abject failure to meet the program’s own objectives, its lack of proper [...]

Help Prevent Foreclosures and Stabilize the Economy

The Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) is a law which currently covers only some loans. FACT: Only 6% of subprime mortgage lending consisted of loans covered by the CRA. FACT: The other 94% of subprime mortgage lending was not covered by the CRA. FACT: Federal regulators are considering expanding CRA to cover more lenders in the [...]

Copyrightt © 2014 EthicalMarkets.com | Supporting the emergence of a sustainable, green, ethical and a just economy worldwide