Over and Under Nutrition: Two Sides of an Unhealthy Coin

“Ethical Markets applauds Danielle Neirenberg, the Food Tank, the Barilla Institute and all the new companies now offering plant-based protein alternatives to livestock-raised meats, as we reported in our “Green Transition Scoreboard®, April, 2018:  “Capturing CO2 While Improving Human Nutrition & Health“.  We also identified all the deep pocketed investment groups now investing in Beyond Meat, and all these new food companies, as well as companies capturing CO2 from the atmosphere and turning it into useful products. We also applaud the new focus on wild and indigenous food plants (e.g. jackfruit, and many others).

The blind spot we also identified is still not in focus:

The over-investment in the planet’s 3% of freshwater on which our global food system perilously relies, while overlooking the other 97% of saltwater and all the other food plants (e.g. quinoa , China’s salt-tolerant rice, etc.) which thrive in 22 countries on degraded and desert lands, without fertilizers, pesticides and provide superior human nutrition!  Download our free report and watch our companion TV show  “Investing in Saltwater Agriculture:  The Next Big Thing“  with NASA Chief Scientist Dennis Bushnell “now playing at www.ethicalmarkets.com

~Hazel Henderson, Editor“

Over and Under Nutrition: Two Sides of an Unhealthy Coin
Tharanga YakupitiyageA dramatic shift in the way we eat and think about food is more urgent than ever to prevent further environmental degradation and an even larger health epidemic. A diverse group of experts from academia, civil society, and United Nations agencies convened at the sidelines of the General … MORE > >
VIDEO –
Saving the Kindergarten of Sharks

Gordon RadleyEvery winter dozens of bull sharks come to Mexico’s Mayan Riviera to breed. A single bull shark can give birth to up to 15 young. They are the only species of shark that can live in both fresh and salt water. Saving Our Sharks has called for a strict no fishing sanctuary along the Mexican … MORE > >
 More recommended reading (in case you missed it):
Making Every Euro Count in the Fight Against Malnutrition
José Graziano da SilvaEverybody wants to end hunger. That is what all UN-member countries stated when signing the 2030 Agenda for a better world: the second of its 17 goals aims at eradicating all forms of malnutrition (which include overweight, obesity or micronutrient deficiencies) and ensuring that everybody has … MORE > >