TILT FORWARD NETWORK DIRECTOR
AEO seeks a Director for its TILT Forward Network. The TILT Forward Network represents a subset of AEO members that are committed to innovation and seek access to capital, product and marketing solutions to solve for the capital gap to Main Street. The Director is part of the core team responsible for the launch and growth of the next phase of AEO’s TILT Forward Initiative. The Network Director will ensure successful implementation of TILT Forward solutions and satisfaction among TILT Forward Network participants. The TILT Forward Network Director reports to the SVP of New Initiatives at AEO and will work closely with AEO’s membership, marketing and operations teams.
The Association for Enterprise Opportunity is the national trade association for microfinance and microbusiness in the United States. Its mission is to create economic opportunity for underserved entrepreneurs. AEO supports the development of strong and effective US microbusiness initiatives to assist underserved entrepreneurs in starting, stabilizing, and expanding businesses. Now in its 25th year, AEO and its hundreds of member organizations have helped millions of entrepreneurs support themselves and their families and contribute to their communities through business ownership. Through the TILT Forward Initiative, AEO continues to demonstrate leadership, innovation, and impact on behalf of underserved entrepreneurs and the mission-focused organizations in communities across the country that support them.
The Network Director will be an experienced manager who possesses excellent communication, organizational and selling skills. The successful candidate will have solution-selling experience along with the ability to lead functional, operational and relationship problem-solving discussions with both nonprofit and for-profit partners. This individual will be able to point to a demonstrated track record of performance in an entrepreneurial environment and a commitment to AEO’s mission. The Network Director should be an experienced and effective relationship manager who can point to prior successes driving adoption of new products or services by developing and executing effective strategies and processes.
• Serves as relationship / account manager for AEO members seeking to participate in TILT Forward Initiative product and service solutions and to benefit from participation in TILT Forward Network
• Recruit network participants (e.g. AEO members) and manage participation pipeline from interest to adoption/implementation of both established offers and early stage product/service pilots
• Manage onboarding and training process for users of TILT Forward licensed products and other established solutions
• Lead development of content and tools to support solution adoption by TILT Forward members
• Work with AEO communications team to prepare simple, user-friendly product collateral and related communications for TILT Forward Network participants
• Ensure effective execution of early stage product and service pilots
• Manage TILT Forward outreach to and engagement with stakeholders including AEO members, business owners and others
• Promote TILT Forward at community events with potential and current AEO members
• Contribute to management of TILT Forward Initiative performance dashboard
• Collaborate with SVP of New Initiatives and VP of Engagement to promote, support and advance the TILT Forward Network
• Identify unmet needs of TILT Forward Network participants through engagement and structured feedback processes
• Develop and manage periodic meetings for TILT Forward Network participants and partners
• Perform targeted market research on an as needed basis
• Coordinate with and support DreamFund manager in reporting to users
• Go the extra mile to build trust-based relationships, customer and program participant loyalty and satisfaction in all interactions
• Other duties as needed that reflect goals of AEO and its TILT Forward initiative
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
• Strong communication skills – written and oral
• Familiarity with nonprofits, especially community lenders and business service providers
• Understanding of small business financing
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at once
• Self-starter with collaborative work-style and commitment to getting the job done
• Problem-solving mindset
• Collaborative. You are grounded in AEO’s organizational values of sharing information and working cooperatively. You give respect and earn yours. You value working in a cohesive team environment where everyone works hard and relies on each other to pull it all together.
• Great motivator. You are known for your poise, tact, and persuasiveness. You confidently engage with staff at all levels and across multiple stakeholder groups. You have a point of view and are willing to listen and learn from others. People want to follow your lead and do what you ask
• Diplomatic. You work well with members, you understand their concerns, and you realistically manage their expectations. You are able to find common ground with people, manage a smooth process, and build consensus for workable solutions.
• Flexible. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment. You skillfully manage numerous daily commitments and competing priorities. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to shape answers to questions when no template exists. You are a fast learner and are able to “hit the ground running.”
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
• At least 6 years professional experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. AEO offers a comprehensive benefits package and generous leave policies.
This position is located in Washington, DC with occasional travel expected.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT AEO AND THE TILT FORWARD INITIATIVE? Visit us on the web at www.tiltforward.com<http://www.tiltforward.com/> or www.aeoworks.org<http://www.aeoworks.org/>