Announcing Our Global Crowdinvesting Community
Jul 18, 2013 11:41 am | Jonathan Sandlund |View Original Post|
I’m thrilled to announce, and invite you to, TheCrowdCafe Community. With your help—questions, comments and insights—I hope it becomes a place where anyone in the world can come to learn about and discuss crowdinvesting.
You may be thinking, “But online communities are dreadful!” I know, I know. But this one won’t be! I started my first online forum when I was 13, so while I know how often they go awry, creating more signal than noise, I also know how much value they can create when done right.
I’m on a mission to eradicate noise and misinformation—I promise to give my all to supporting a global community that promotes this industry’s growth through quality discussion and education. And industry that’s bringing not just efficiency, but equality—and opportunity!—to our capital markets… As I sang so many Sunday mornings growing up…Shout it. Go on and scream it from the mountains. Go on and tell it to the masses. 😉
The community’s structure will evolve over time to follow the flow of content. Starting out, it has three primary categories:
1. General Discussion Discover and discuss the global investment crowdfunding industry
2. Regulatory Discuss crowdfunding regulations, both in the U.S. (Title II & III of the JOBS Act, instrastate bills) and abroad. This is key: centralizing this information will make it easier for policy makers, constituents and supporters to find and interact with
3. Newsroom Stay up to date on the latest industry news and happenings
I’ve seeded it with a few discussions I hope you’ll find useful. Which, of course, I’ll continue to add to.
1. Q&A: North Carolina’s Intrastate Crowdfunding Bill
2. A list of accredited crowdfunding platforms in the U.S.
3. A list of unaccredited crowdfunding platforms in the U.S.
It will start out small, to be sure. But what do you say…? Join me in the fight against misinformation; and in creating a place where anyone can come to discover, and capture, the remarkable opportunities this industry yields? I hope you will 🙂
Join TheCrowdCafe Community
The post Announcing Our Global Crowdinvesting Community appeared first on The Crowd Cafe.