November 10th 2022, 2 pm GMT | 3 pm CET
The world is seeing a rise in the collective commitment to net zero, and financial institutions worldwide are faced with a growing list of sustainability disclosure requirements from regulators. At the same time, public opinion is watching them and is expecting more ambitious and clear plans to act on their pledges and commitments.
All members of the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) from all sectors across the financial industry have committed to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, while providing transparent reporting and accounting on progress towards interim targets along the way. With heightened pressure from society and regulators, financial institutions are only missing one big part of it: accurate and reliable data to plan, track and execute toward a truly sustainable economy.
In this webinar in partnership with Clarity AI, our expert panel will address the challenges investors face on the road to net zero, discussing the obstacles surrounding access to accurate and reliable data as well as providing insight into navigating the regulations.
Some topics that will be covered during the webinar:
• What is the main blocker in the race to net zero?
• How feasible is it to achieve a net zero economy by 2050? What else is needed besides net zero alliances and actionable data?
• Why is it so hard to get Scope 3 data and why has it been overlooked for so long?
• How can financial institutions assess the suitability of a data provider? What should they look out for?
• Are regulations really helping in taking the right steps towards decarbonization, or are they getting in the way of effective planning and execution of net zero strategies?
Patricia Pina, Head of Product Research & Innovation, Clarity AI
Moderated by Mina Tümay, Assistant Editor, PEI Media