SDG Update – 17 July 2020

Guest Article Buildings vs. the Cooling Challenge: Better Building Design to Curb the Massive Rise in Cooling Demand “Cool buildings” are designed with knowledge about the local climatic conditions, and adapt smartly to their environment. Read COVID-19: What Happens When Summer Heatwaves Strike? Green-blue infrastructure benefits climate change adaptation and …

Good news from Positive Money re. Bank of England!

“Ethical Markets congratulates our friends at Positive Money, whose book “A Green Bank of England” (2018)  has born fruit!  The new BoE head, Andrew Bailey, agrees that BoE’s asset account, which still contains fossilized company stocks, should shift to climate-safer, ”green” asset purchases!   Watch him on this video clip below, …

Social Impact: A Sales Tool for the Post-Pandemic World

There’s a new lens through which businesses’ commitment and execution of their Purpose will be judged, which takes into account their social impacts. For example: Are they taking action to help create a socially inclusive economy, to improve racial representation in their company along with their brand image, to optimize …

Dynamic first half of 2020; portfolio results inside

The first half of 2020 was a unique time in the markets and in the global economy. While the economy as a whole is struggling to adapt and transition to new realities, those companies that were already pursuing solutions to systemic risks – including, but not limited to, pandemics – …

Boston Trust Walden Quarterly ESG Impact Report

  2nd Quarter ESG Impact Report   In this quarterly report, we share key examples of results achieved in the 2020 proxy season and highlight recent actions taken to accelerate progress.   Read the Report

Register Now: Guiding Investors in Addressing Income Inequality

Guiding Investors in Addressing Income Inequality Webinar- Tuesday, July 21st at 11:00 AM ET- Learn more and register here    Income inequality is a defining issue of our time. In the United States, the top 1% of families earn nearly 27 times that of the other 99% of families. The …

The LGBTQ Movement: Translating Progress into Corporate Action

The LGBTQ Movement: Translating Progress into Corporate Action   Join Cornerstone for a panel discussion with leaders in the LGBTQ movement for equality. The group will address: The history of organizing in the LGBTQ movement and what kind of action has led to change, bringing us up to the current …

Agriculture in the Negev: Today’s Desert Pioneers

“Ethical Markets is happy to share this report of how far jojoba farming has developed in Israel’s Negev Desert, using saline, brackish water irrigation. Jojoba, native to  the Americas, produces valuable oil, sold worldwide mostly for cosmetics.  With thanks to our colleague Gijs Graafland, Planck Foundation in Amsterdam, who has also seen …

Investors go passive on climate investing

Investors go passive on climate investing UBS’s UK defined contribution scheme and local authority pension fund for Tyne & Wear have just allocated a combined £900m to equity index funds with climate change-related ‘tilts’. Read more »   According to a recent DWS/CREATE-Research survey on passive investing, 65% of pension funds …