“Ethical Markets, as a Certified B. Corporation, stands with our global B Corp community in calling for justice and an end to structural racism in our country and around the world .
Hazel Henderson, Editor“
Taking Action Against Racism
Earlier this week, Anthea Kelsick, Co-CEO of B Lab U.S. & Canada, shared a personal message about the urgency, grief, and responsibility of this moment. We’ve been moved and inspired by the responses from this community so far, and we hope you’ll continue to share your perspectives: what you’re doing to support racial justice, how you’re finding support and space for yourself, what expertise or resources you might be able to offer, and how we can help you take action.
In the coming weeks, with the support of leaders from both within and outside our community, we will be finding ways to engage the B Corp community and sharing resources to support business leaders on this journey. In the meantime, here are a few ways to get started today:
- Read ‘How to Be An Anti-Racist’ by leading anti-racist scholar Ibram X Kendi, and start a discussion with your team using the author’s discussion guide.
- Access resources on anti-racist allyship from the Dismantle Collective and Sarah Sophie Flicker and Alyssa Klein.
- Visit our COVID-19 Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion resource center for more information on how the pandemic is disproportionately impacting people of color.
Please email us at [email protected] or join the conversation on the B Hive to share your experiences, needs and offers.
Join us on June 18:
‘The State of the B’ Virtual Gathering
We cannot credibly build an inclusive economic system without addressing the fundamental injustice, inequity and violence that disproportionately impact Black people and other People of Color. And we can’t lead the way as responsible businesses without weathering this financial crisis. On June 18, we’re calling on all B Corps to join us for a very important virtual event.
The State of the B is a gathering for people from across B Corps and B Lab to build stronger collaborations and share opportunities to get involved. As a community of B Corps, we have work to do.
How We’re Supporting Financial Resilience
in the B Corp Community
It has never been more clear that responsible business is the future of our economy, and it is critical to ensure the strength of this community in challenging times. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, B Lab is taking several actions to ensure our collective health and longevity, including:
- Providing financial relief via a discount to this year’s annual certification fee to companies most severely and disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, including small businesses that are >50% owned by people of color (members of racialized groups), women, womxn, or female-identified, people with disabilities, veterans or LGBTQIA+. If you believe your company is eligible for this assistance and you haven’t received communications from us already, please let us know at [email protected].
- Curating financial resources
- Delaying the planned certification pricing update
Please visit the B Hive for more details.