The world’s leading event for Sustainable Infrastructure Financing, the 4th Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Summit 2014, will be held at the Congress Center Basel in switzerland on . The summit kicks off with an Interactive Workshop on the Harvard Business School Case Study Method by Prof. John Macomber, Harvard Business School, Boston.
Over 40 speakers are already confirmed among them are:
· Jamie Caruana, General Manager and CEO, Bank for International Settlements
· Ambassador Michael Gerber, Special Representative for Global Sustainable Development, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
· Barbara Kux, Member of Board of Directors of Total and Henkel, Member of SDSN Leadership Council
· Executive Mayor Kgosientso Ramokgopa, Tshwane, South Africa
· Keiko Honda, Executive Vice President, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency MIGA
· Giles Dickson, VP Environmental Policies & Global Advocacy, Alstom Group
· Matthias Bölke, CEO, Schneider Electric Switzerland
· Klaus Töpfer, Executive Director of the Institute for Sustainability Studies (IASS) Potsdam and former Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
For more information, please log on to: www.gib-foundation.org/
Recent estimates say that around 75% of the infrastructure that will be in use in 2050 doesn’t yet exist. This means immense global infrastructure investment needs for decades to come, all in the context of the need for Climate Action, Sustainable Energy for All, and the post-2015 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The 4th Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) Summit is tackling this challenge by laying the groundwork for the financing of economically, environmentally and socially sustainable infrastructure. GIB is the leading platform for sustainable infrastructure Financing, and we are pleased to report strong progress since last year in the introduction of sustainable infrastructure as a new asset class. Accordingly, this year’s topic is “Mainstreaming Sustainability in Infrastructure Financing and Investment”.
Join investors, developers, policy makers and solution providers on switzerland and help us meet the challenge. PLDH network members and associated partners will receive a discount of 30% on their GIB Summit 2014 attendance fees. NGOs receive a 50% discount. at the Congress Center Basel in
To provide students, young entrepreneurs and young politicians – the leaders of GIB YoungProfessional-Flyer or at www.gib-foundation.org/
Katharina Braig, Corporate Relations Manager
Global Infrastructure Basel
Elisabethenstrasse 22, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland
Tel: +41 61 205 10 66
Fax: +41 61 271 10 10