MONDRAGON, SPAIN – June 17 – 24, 2017
Seminar/Tour at the Mondragón Cooperatives
(Depart from U.S. on June 17 for arrival in Spain on the 18th)
For Details and to Register for this inspiring learning experience: Click Here!
Praxis Peace Institute offers the most comprehensive seminar and tour available at the Mondragón Cooperatives in Spain, and we have been working with Mondragón for more than a decade. Our program includes lectures at the Mondragón Educational Center, visits to cooperatives, plenty of time for questions, and several excursions. We learn about the history, culture and ethics of Mondragón as well as their Social Councils, Mondragón University system, and democratic and egalitarian business management practices. We visit Mondragón University, a Research & Development center, the Basque Parliament and the Basque Department of Peace, Laboral Kutxa (the Mondragón bank), and so much more. Most sessions will be held at the Mondragón Educational Center, a converted villa in the hills above the town of Mondragón, and we will spend one day at Mondragón University.
The Mondragón Cooperatives consist of 105 worker-owned businesses, the third largest bank in Spain with over 400 branches, a university complex with 3 campuses, social and medical insurance, a Culinary Arts University, the largest Research & Development complex in all of Europe with 15 separate entities, and a respectful cultural ethic that is the spirit of this extraordinary achievement.
* The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, designed by Frank Gehry and built by a Mondragón cooperative construction company;
* San Sebastian, a beautiful coastal town where we spend a late afternoon and evening after visiting the Basque Culinary Arts Centre (the newest addition to the Mondragón University complex);
* Vitoria, capitol of the Basque region. We visit the parliament building where we have a presentation by the Director of the Department of Peace.
* The beautiful medieval town of Oñati, site of one of Mondragón’s university campus;
* We can also arrange optional tours to other parts of Spain following the seminar in Mondragón. Air travel within Spain is very reasonable.
For Details and to Register for this inspiring learning experience:
Shared Accommodations: $2,500 – includes seminar, hotel, daily breakfast and lunch, transfers to and from airport and all excursions. Airfare is separate.
Single Accommodations: $3,000 – includes seminar, hotel, daily breakfast and lunch, transfers to and from airport and all excursions. Airfare is separate.
Important: Please contact us if you would like to sponsor someone for this seminar/tour.