Launch of T100: Powered Ascent – Insights from the Frontier of Impact Investing 2018toniic is the global action community for impact investors
On behalf of all of us at Toniic, I am excited to share that we have just released T100: Powered Ascent – Insights from the Field of Impact Investing 2018 at the Ford Foundation in New York.
This second report in the T100 Impact Portfolio Series, (the third overall report in the T100 Project), provides evidence that investors are going farther, faster and deeper into impact, while meeting their targeted financial and impact returns.Download the Report
T100: Powered Ascent compiles data from 76 private portfolios (a nearly 50% increase in participation compared with the 2016 Launch report) and these 76 portfolios represent $2.8 billion in committed capital.
This new report also maps participants’ investment themes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing the first look at how deep impact portfolios are addressing the SDGs.
Impact investors are going farther, faster.
- On average, the portfolios in the Powered Ascent report are 75% invested for impact.
- 41% of portfolios are completely or almost completely (90% or more) invested in impact, compared with 33% in the Launch report.
Investors are meeting financial goals while deepening impact performance.
- 82% of T100 participants say their impact portfolios have met or exceeded their financial expectations.
A maturing impact marketplace is enabling depth, diversification and measurement.
- T100 participants continue to move a greater portion of their portfolios into deep impact (thematic) investments: the aggregated portfolios are on average 40% allocated to thematic investments.
- Participant portfolios are highly diversified across the spectrum of asset classes and returns.
- The portion of respondents engaged in measuring the impact of their investments has jumped since the Launch report, from 38% to 60%. 98% want to be measuring by 2020.