Three climate adjustments in one index design
Risks & opportunities of climate change incorporated in new index
Climate change is expected to have profound impacts on the prospects and performance of companies across a variety of industrial sectors. Many investors now regard climate change as an investment issue. In portfolio design such investors aim to hedge climate risks and gain exposure to the upsides that climate change may bring to stocks with particular attributes.
FIND OUT MORE
FTSE Russell has grown its family of indexes that help investors incorporate the transition to a green economy into core benchmarks and passive investments.
The FTSE Global Climate Index Series consists of:
- FTSE All-World® ex CW* Climate Index
- FTSE All-World® ex CW ex UN Controversies Climate Index
- FTSE All-Share® Climate Index
- Russell 1000® Climate Index
All indexes are rules-based and designed to reflect the performance of global stocks incorporating three climate considerations:
- Lower fossil fuel exposure
- Lower carbon footprint
- Higher green revenues exposure using the FTSE Green Revenues data model
* Controversial Weapons