Join ASBC May 1 -2 for the non-partisan National Business Climate and Clean Energy Advocacy Day (#Biz4Climate17) in Washington, D.C. to deliver a strong message to Congressional policymakers: ‘climate change is a fundamental risk to the nation’s economic success, human health and environmental security.’ And, ‘Congress must take concrete steps to reduce carbon pollution and support the transition towards a clean energy economy’.
The event is supported by a cross-section of business organizations from diverse sectors and industries. Our goal is to create a broad coalition and show of force that attracts media attention and helps shift Congressional thinking about the economic necessity of addressing climate change.
The Business Climate and Clean Energy Advocacy Day is an excellent opportunity for businesses to influence Congress’ thinking on the need to make climate change a priority issue. Companies will:
· Communicate directly with members of Congress in bi-partisan meetings.
· Make the case that clean energy is a dynamic, powerful force in the U.S. economy.
· Urge Congress to pass legislation that reduces carbon emissions and promotes the transition to a clean energy economy.
Monday, May 1 Key Issues Briefing, Preparation for Hill Advocacy Day & Reception
· 2:00 – 5:30 Legislative Updates & Advocacy Training sessions (KL Gates, LLP, 1601 K Street NW)
· 5:30 – 7:30 Reception & Remarks by members of Congress (ASBC, 1001 G Street NW, 4th Floor East)
Tuesday, May 2 Hill Advocacy Day
· 8:00 – Breakfast (KL Gates, LLP, 1601 K Street NW) Review of meeting assignments
· 9:30 – 4:30 Meetings on Capitol Hill. Groups of 3-5 meet with Republicans and Democrats in the House & Senate