We are pleased to inform you of the upcoming online course The Paris Agreement on Climate Change as a Development Agenda which will run from 11 March to 19 April 2019. This six-week joint UN Climate Change–UNSSC online course offers a holistic and integrated approach to climate change and demonstrates the interlinkages and interdependencies between sustainable development and climate change to make informed policy choices towards low-carbon and climate resilient sustainable development.
The course frames climate change impact and action around five core cornerstones of the 2030 Agenda: People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, and Partnership.
· Week 1: Introduction: sustainable development, climate change and climate action;
· Week 2: The social dimension of sustainable development, climate change and climate action (People);
· Week 3: The environmental dimension of sustainable development, climate change and climate action (Planet);
· Week 4: The economic dimension of sustainable development, climate change and climate action (Prosperity);
· Week 5: Climate change and peace, justice and strong institutions (Peace);
· Week 6: Partnerships and means of implementation for climate action and sustainable development (Partnership).
At the end of the six weeks, participants will be able to:
· Explain key elements of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the 2030 Agenda, and the role of climate action in the broader context of sustainable development;
· Identify and articulate the interrelations and inter-dependencies between the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in five critical dimensions of sustainable development: People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace and Partnership;
· Identify and articulate best practices to ensure coherence and mutual reinforcement between the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
· Explain existing tools and instruments to mainstream sustainable development and climate action into national development policies and planning.
UNSSC online courses are designed to deliver maximum learning outcomes through optimal time investments into carefully chosen high-quality learning materials. Specially tailored to the needs of the professional interested in developing skills to advance their career or deepening their knowledge on a particular subject matter, our highly facilitated online courses combine applied learning components such as case studies, interactive exercises and collaborative group work, with self-paced study modules. Participants also benefit from live moderated webinars which feature valuable inputs from renowned subject matter experts, and allow real-time interaction between participants and the high-level speakers. A competent facilitator guides and assists the participants all along the course, and provides real-time feedback on activities and exercises. Our user-friendly social online learning platform provides participants with the opportunity to connect and interact with peers from diverse organisational backgrounds.
For more information and to register, please go to http://bit.ly/ParisAgreement2019.
Deadline for registration is 1 March 2019. Should you have questions, please email [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>; or Angela Wagner at [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>;.