- Do you suspect that the idea of perpetual economic growth on a finite planet is folly?
- Are you searching for ways to solve our profound social and environmental problems?
- Do you want to know how we can construct an economy that (1) meets our needs without undermining the life-support systems of the planet and (2) achieves sustainable and equitable well-being for all people?
Read Enough is Enough for answers to these questions!
Enough is Enough is a collection of policy initiatives, tools, and reforms for an economy that makes enough its goal instead of more. The report, generated from the inspirational ideas of the Steady State Economy Conference, consists of three parts:
- Part One describes why economic growth is becoming an obsolete goal and provides a crystal-clear description of the desirable alternative — a steady state economy;
- Part Two examines ten key areas where change is needed to achieve a steady state economy;
- Part Three provides a blueprint for moving boldly from ideas to action.
Please read the report, discuss the ideas contained in it, and do what you can to help get us on the path to a better economy.