International speaker, author, coach
Founding and former executive director, Center for Women’s Business Research
Adjunct Professor: Doctor of Management Program, University of Maryland University College;
Bay Path University; American University
Sharon Hadary is a recognized thought-leader on women’s leadership and entrepreneurship. Her book, co-authored with Laura Henderson, How Women Lead: The 8 Essential Strategies Successful Women Know continues to make headlines and has been translated into Portuguese and distributed in Brazil.
Sharon Hadary has been a corporate executive, a researcher, a consultant, a teacher, and an entrepreneur. When it comes to women’s leadership, she knows the people as well as the data. oH
She has been a leader in creating social change for women for over three decades. At the Center for Women’s Business Research, the premier non-profit research institute devoted to studying women’s entrepreneurship, she harnessed the transformational impact of research-based knowledge to open up access to capital, markets, expertise, and networks for women entrepreneurs.
Sharon Hadary’s articles and commentary on women’s business leadership have appear in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Enterprising Women Magazine, MBE Magazine, Redbook and 270inc. Over the years she traveled extensively speaking on women’s leadership and entrepreneurship an, including a speaking tour in Brazil and being the key note speaker for the first ever women’s conference in Zagreb, Croatia.
She continues to share her expertise through mentoring, writing, and teaching at t leading universities.
She serves on the Enterprising Magazine Advisory Board with an emphasis on supporting the STEM program for high school girls.
She has received numerous awards for her work on behalf of women entrepreneurs and leaders.
- Trustee, Memorial Union Building Association, University of Wisconsin
- Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) Executive Advisory Board
- Enterprising Women Magazine Advisory Board
- KeyBank Key4Women Leadership Council
- Office Depot Women’s Advisory Board
- KeyBank Women’s Advisory Board
- Wells Fargo Women’s Advisory Board
- Carlson Companies Women’s Advisory Board
- Women’s Leadership Exchange Advisory Board
- Board of Visitors, University of Maryland University College
- Enterprising Women Foundation Mentorship Program for High School Girls
- Women’s Leadership Program, The George Washington University Mentoring Program for Undergraduate Women
SELECTED AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Top 100 MBE, Legacy of Leadership Award
- Women Presidents’ Organization Adrienne Hall Award for Breaking Down Barriers
- Enterprising Women Legacy Award
- Center for Women’s Business Research Board of Directors Award
- Euro-American Women’s Council’s Leadership Award, Athens, Greece
- Applause Award, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Enterprising Women Hall of Fame
- Featured in “The New Power Brokers,” Centerpiece Magazine, School of Business, The George Washington University