“Ethical Markets highly recommends this interview and we draw attention also to my review of Jonathan Salk’s book “A New Reality” now live at seekingalpha.com and here. I was fortunate to know Dr. Jonas Salk and his “Survival of the Wisest” first published in 1972 the same year as MIT published “Limits To Growth” report to the Club of Rome, led by Dr. Donella Meadows.
~Hazel Henderson, Editor“
Welcome to Cleanwatch. Each issue offers the latest clean-energy news, events, reports, indexing, and more.
By Jonathan Salk with Ron Pernick
Part of a series of insights from leading smart-grid, clean-energy, and utility experts speaking at gridCONNEXT. Questions asked by Clean Edge managing director and gridCONNEXT co-chair Ron Pernick.
Ron Pernick: You first co-authored A New Reality with your father, the late Jonas Salk, nearly four decades ago. What made you decide to rewrite and update the book?
Jonathan Salk: When it came out in 1981, it sold very few copies. Looking back, it seems that it was well before its time. My father lectured about the ideas until his death in 1995. In the years that followed, it seemed that much of what we wrote about was coming to pass, in both expected and unexpected ways. Then, five years ago, out of the blue, I got a call from a young architect and designer, David Dewane, who had come across the book, read it, and was blown away…
Ryan Popple will be Speaking at gridCONNEXT
Ryan Popple is the president and CEO of Proterra, a leading innovator of zero-emission, battery-electric buses. Don’t miss him at gridCONNEXT on a panel discussion on what the growth of electrified busses means for cities and utilities. Register Now to join us in Washington, D.C., December 4-6.
Other Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Amy Davidsen – Executive Director, The Climate Group, Noth America
- Courtney Smith – Chief Deputy Director, California Energy Commision
- Jon Creyts – Managing Director, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Jeff Eckel – CEO & Chairman, Hannon Armstrong
- Jeff McDermott – Founder & Managing Partner, Greentech Capital Advisors
- Jonathan Salk – Author, A New Reality: Human Evolution for a Sustainable Future
- Jon Wellinghoff – CEO, Gridpolicy, Inc. & Former Chair, FERC
- Kevin C. Fitzgerald – Chief Utility Officer, Energy Impact Partners
- Laurent Schmitt – Secretary-General, ENTSO-E
- Michael D. Smith – Senior Vice President, Constellation
Find out more at www.gridconnext.com