Dear CIW International Advisory Network members,
First, happy spring to all of you. The CIW is certainly out of hibernation. We would like to tell you about our busy month ahead:
1. We have been working with the Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC) through an Ontario Trillium Foundation grant. One of the value-adds is the attached discussion paper that AOHC released this week, How can the Canadian Index of Wellbeing improve the quality of life in Ontario? http://issuu.com/aohc_acso/
2. AOHC and HC Links will be hosting an online blog discussion on both April 15th and 16th from http://www.hclinkontario.ca/
3. On April 29th, the CIW will be releasing our first provincial index report, How are Ontarians Really doing? For those of you living in Ontario, if you would like to submit a blog for the CIW website providing local context or write an op-ed or letter to the editor of your local paper, we encourage you to do so. Contact [email protected] if you would like an advance copy of the key messaging.
4. On April 30th, the CIW will be hosting a CIHR Café Scientifique in Waterloo to have a conversation with local residents on how individuals, businesses, and governments can use the CIW to improve wellbeing (poster attached). For those of you within a reasonable commute, we’d love to see you there https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/
5. And, on May 2nd –two communities, Victoria, BC and the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo-Ft McMurray, will start Community Wellbeing Surveys.