Taking gravity from strength to strength

Taking gravity from strength to strength 20-03-2019 09:09 AM CET   Ten years ago, ESA launched one of its most innovative satellites. GOCE spent four years measuring a fundamental force of nature: gravity. This extraordinary mission not only yielded new insights into our gravity field, but led to some amazing …

The Future of Climate Authoritarianism Is Now

“Ethical Markets thanks author Jacob Sugarman and TruthDig for these excerpts below from OTHER NEWS and  our comments: We  welcome the realism in David Wallace-Wells “TheUninhabitable Earth“ and his identifying some hope in the US political landscape with presidential candidates like Governor Jay Inslee of Washington State (we would add …

Water for life

“Ethical Markets welcomes this video on World Water Day, which covers re-cycling issues for the 3% of freshwater on this planet on which our global food supply relies. We hope ESA will now also  make another video on the other 97% of our planet’s water that is salty and how …

Methane and ozone data products from Copernicus Sentinel-5P

Methane and ozone data products from Copernicus Sentinel-5P 04-03-2019 05:50 PM CET   The Copernicus Sentinel-5P mission has been used to produce global maps of two atmospheric gases responsible for making our world warmer: methane, which is a particularly potent greenhouse gas, and ozone, which is a greenhouse gas and …

Algae Bloom Remediation Workshop, May 21-22 – Registration Now Open?????

      Algae Bloom Remediation Workshop   Dates: May 21-22, 2019 (Tues. & Wed.) Broward County Library Downtown – Auditorium 100. S. Andrews Ave, Ft. Lauderdale 33001   The algae bloom situation is affecting tourism, fishing, real estate and local economies. While algae bloom research, testing and monitoring is …

The Economist-Thirsty Planet

“This Special Report by The Economist “Thirsty Planet“ draws attention to  the planet’s less than 3% freshwater crisis on which all current human food supplies and clean drinking water depend.   This freshwater crisis, caused by mis-use, waste and pollution, requires immediate attention by all sectors and new priorities for governments …

CDSB-: Is climate-risk disclosure set to become mainstream in 2019?

Is climate-related risk disclosure set to be the norm in 2019? Environmental risk, including failure of climate-change mitigation and adaptation, dominated the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 2019 Global Risks Report. The findings issued a stark warning to the industry that we are “sleepwalking into a global crisis.” Information on climate …

The Connection: News and Updates from NCSE

February 2019 The Connection is a monthly publication from the National Council for Science and the Environment to sh are news and updates focused on the intersection of science, policy, and environmental decision-making. Clean Rivers: Cuyahoga and Sugar Creek This June marks the 50th anniversary of the 1969 burning of the …

Science for Environmental Policy- News Alert

News Alert Issue 521, 21 February 2019 In this issue SMEs could gain from sharing waste between industries, suggests Swedish study Micro, small and medium-sized enterprises comprise the majority of European businesses — and, therefore, have a vital role to play in reducing our dependence on, and consumption of, increasingly …