For-Profit Organizations – Current
· Chairman, Executive Committee, Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York, plus Finance, corporate governance, marketing.
· Member, Advisory Board, SelectMinds, Inc., NYC
Non-Profit – Current
· Chairman, co-founder, The Health Project, White House supported C. Everett Koop National Health awards.
· Elected member, National Academy of Social Insurance, Washington
· Member, Advisory Council, Health Care Community Development Corporation
· Member, Advisory Council, Searching for Solutions Institute and Imagine Solutions Conferences, Naples, FL
· Member, Honorary Board, Arts Naples World Festival
· Member, Corporate Health Improvement Program (CHIP), Phoenix (Major employers improve employees’ health)
· Contributing editor, Compensation & Benefits Management publication of Brandeis University
· Marsh & McLennan’s Mercer Consultancy (15,000 employees in 40 countries). Retired 1998. Corporate Director for 26 years. Senior Partner managed Eastern Canada and New York practices. Corporate functions: world-wide practice growth, financial standards, flexible benefits practice, public relations, federal government relations, corporate-level insurance and industry relations. Consultant to major financial institutions and corporations, medical societies, governments and universities. E.g.: General Motors, PepsiCo, AT&T, Chase Bank, Republic National Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, York University, Federal Express, Railway and Paper Industry-wide Union-Management Joint Trusts.
· Co-Chair, Independent Committee, National Security Life & Annuity Co., Cincinnati, OH (audit, personnel, corporate governance, marketing)
· Chair, Scientific Advisory Board, Sovereign Beta Medical Start-Ups Trust, Florida Atlantic University and Palm Beach, FL
· Chair, Vital Living, LLC
· Chair, Relaxation Products, Boulder, CO
· Chair, American Benefits Council, Washington (Largest national industry representative)
· Chair, Health Committee, US Chamber of Commerce, Washington (110,000 employers)
· Chair, Health Savings Accounts Committee, Business Roundtable, (Fortune 200 CEO’s) Washington
· Chair, Business Forum On Aging, American Society On Aging, San Francisco (Linking aging and health)
· Chair, Government Affairs Committee, Association of Management Consulting Firms (ACME), Washington
· Chair, Steering Comm., Global Alliance for Health Solutions
· Director, National Foundation for Alternative Medicine
· Member, Advisory Board, Institute for Shipboard Education (‘Semesters at Sea’)
· President, Hemisphere Club of New York
· Member: Rockefeller Luncheon Club of New York
· Member, author, Advisory Board, American Management Association Review and Sage Publications
· Member, Ford Presidential Task Force on Health, White House
· Member, Partnership For Prevention (Health Promotion/Disease Prevention), Washington
· Member, Public/Private Partnership Committee, American Public Health Association, White House
· Early stage attempts at TV and Internet combo with former president and producers of CBS – TV and HBO International
· A Founding Director: Worksite Health Promotion Alliance, Washington
· A Founding Director: Health Enhancement Research Organization, Washington
· A Founding Director: Employers’ Council on Flexible Benefits, Washington
· Vice President, Leukemia Society of New York
· Vice President, Combined Health Appeal of New York
· Vice President, Cancer Society of Canada. . Member, Executive Committee, Canadian Pension Conference
· Churches: Elder: Trinity United Church, Toronto; Treasurer, Beaconsfield United, Montreal; Board of Stewards, Rye Presbyterian, NY. Singing Groups: Jennie Bouck Singers, Toronto; Golden Chordsmen of Westchester County.
Education: University of Toronto: economics and human relations; Queen’s University, Ontario: industrial relations.
Author: 100+ speeches and articles to audiences in the USA, Canada and abroad including: Wall Street Journal, New England Journal of Medicine, Fortune, New York Times and in management and health publications. Speeches include: – Health is a Great Investment but What Is It?, Investors’ Conference, NYC; The New World of Health Care: American Bar Association; Social Security Reform: Are We Ready For the Challenge: United Nations, NYC, Health Care Reform: Private vs. Government Control, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Health Care Reform, If It Isn’t Congress, It’s The Supreme Court, When Revolutions Converge, Several audiences; Government Run Health Care: CNN with Stuart Varney; Reducing Health Care Costs By Reducing The Need and Demand For Medical Services: New England Journal of Medicine and Health Affairs, Co-authored with Drs. C. Everett Koop, J. Fries and M.J. England. The insurance business as a source of capital, Academy on the National Economy, Moscow. Flexible Benefits in the USA, Tokyo & Osaka Chambers of Commerce. Koop Awards program for Israel, Ministry of Health, Tel Aviv.
Mr. Beadle and his wife, Mary Elizabeth live in Naples, FL. Together, they have seven children and thirteen grandchildren. Mary Elizabeth was founder of largest relocation center for Washington, D.C. realtor Long & Foster, Assistant to Senator Percy for international developments, manager Tiffany corporate accounts, funds for PBS programming. She has a BA in Journalism, a Masters in Spiritual Counseling and is an Interfaith Minister in six religions and was an officer of the Alternative Medicine Foundation in Washington.