EMM Media Partner with Cleantech Investor for Brazil Solar Energy Conference
Ethical Markets is pleased to be a media partner for Brazil Solar Energy Conference (BSEC) taking place in Sao Paulo on 27 & 28 May 2013. At BSEC the expert speakers will address building Brazil’s solar business – with a particular emphasis on the financing and investment required to scale up the embryonic solar industry in Brazil.
Key topics for debate will include:
· Building on the experience of wind, what are the most appropriate regulatory incentives for the solar industry in Brazil?
· Can Brazil compete as a solar equipment manufacturer – and is there scope for a domestic equipment manufacturing industry?
· Which regions of Brazil lend themselves to utility scale solar – and what are the most appropriate technologies?
· How will solar fit within the Brazilian energy mix, alongside other renewables and other forms of energy generation?
· What is the scope for sub 1 MW distributed solar energy and net metering in Brazil?
· What is the role of BNDES and the regional development banks in financing solar in Brazil?
· What expertise is required in Brazil to build the solar industry: should the focus be on technology research or on engineering skills?
· How can Brazil learn from the successes (and failures) of other nations which have built a solar industry?
Click here for the in-depth programme, full speaker line-up and to register.