Scottish voters will go to the polls on September 18th to decide whether scotland should become an independent country. As video blogger Ian R. Crane colorfully puts the issues and possibilities:
[T]he People of scotland have an opportunity to extricate themselves from the socio-psychopathic global corporatists and the temple of outrageous and excessive abject materialism. However, it is not going to be an easy ride . . . .
If Alex Salmond and the SNP [Scottish National Party] are serious about keeping the Pound Stirling as the Currency of Scotland, there will be no independence. Likewise if Scotland embraces the Euro, Scotland will rapidly become a vassel state of the Euro-Federalists, who will asset strip the nation in the same way that, Greece, Ireland, portugal and spain have been stripped of their entire national wealth and much of their national identity.
To achieve true independence, Crane suggests the following, among other mandates:
- Establish an independent Central Bank of Scotland.
- Issue a new Scottish (Debt Free) Currency.
- Settle any outstanding debt with new Scottish Currency.
- Take Scotland out of the EU.
- Take Scotland out of NATO.
- Establish strict currency controls for the first 3 years of independence.
- Nationalize the Scottish oil & gas industry.
- Re-take control of the National Health Service.
- Establish a State Employment Agency to provide work/training for all able-bodied residents.