ISSUE 22 – BACK TO BASICS EDITION
Dear Responsible Investment subscriber,
We are pleased to share with you the latest edition of our Responsible Investment Update, a global review highlighting important new resources and reports about integrating environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) considerations into investment decision-making processes. This month, we’re going back to basics and focusing on topics that form the building blocks of Responsible Investment.
Click on the titles below to read articles on the following topics:
- Responsible Investment – Not a religious experience: What are the differences between Responsible Investment and ethical or socially responsible investing? Mercer addresses some common misconceptions and describes the evolution of the Responsible Investment industry.
- Building a Responsible Investment portfolio: What kinds of options are available for investors looking to implement a Responsible Investment strategy? In this article, Mercer explores the institutional-quality market landscape.
- Case Study – Responsible Investment in Japan: What does Responsible Investment look like in action? This article describes how a Japanese corporate pension fund chose to implement an RI strategy focused on environmental, social and governance themes.
- The UK “Shareholder Spring” – a single season or lasting trend? Following a particularly active General Meeting season for corporations around the world, Mercer ponders solutions for improving the quality of engagement between investee companies, investment managers and asset owners.
And check out this recent news from Mercer:
- Mercer to research ways corporations can build long-term shareholder loyalty: Mercer, Stikeman Elliot LLP, and the Generation Foundation have launched a collaborative global research project exploring the concept of “loyalty shares” and related instruments. Interested parties are encouraged to participate in the consultation process.
We welcome your thoughts and views about this evolving industry.
The Responsible Investment Team