British Government announced its plans to boost employee ownership sector. The plans include assessing whether to establish an independent Institute for Employee Ownership, an ‘off the shelf’ model for setting up an employee owned business, work to examine the guidance on tax issues relating to employee ownership, a guide for staff and employers to request and agree an employee ownership takeover and work with the John Lewis Partnership to examine the barriers to funding for private sector employee owned companies.
The Business for Democracy Campaign, which the American Sustainable Business Council is spearheading in partnership with Free Speech for People is tackling the compelling issue of corporate contributions to political campaigns.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United v. FEC decision on January 21, 2010 allows corporations to spend unlimited funds to support or oppose candidates for political office, overturning campaign finance laws in place for decades. The Business for Democracy campaign is an initiative of business leaders and their companies who believe this ruling is in direct conflict with American democratic principles and a serious threat to good government. The campaign supports the four members of the Supreme Court and the 80 percent of Americans who disagree with the decision (Washington Post poll, Feb. 17, 2010).
See our SRI picks and check CSRHub for the sustainability ratings of thousands of companies with this widget.
Social Investment Indexes
- IIRC Secretariat – Pilot Programme & Communications
- The Wiser.org website was officially closed on April 22nd 2014 – Earth Day.
- Predictions FROM Jeremy Leggett, author ENERGY OF NATIONS
- Review Of “Nature Of Investing” And “World We Made”
- The clean energy transition is unstoppable, so why fight it? | SmartPlanet
News by Topic
- Green Prosperity
- Reforming Global Finance
- Community Development Solutions
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Global Citizenship
- Sustainability News
- Energy Efficiency
- Wealth of Networks
- Earth Systems Science
- Sustainability Research Group
- Advisors' Forum
- Books and Reviews
- Our Presentations
- The Power of Yin
- Partner Links
- Articles by Hazel Henderson
- TV Series
- Green Transition Scoreboard
- News You Need
- Introduction to Ethical Markets
- Beyond GDP
- Ethical Markets Originals
- Ethical Markets Review
- Reports Relevant to GTS:
- Reports You Need
- The Blog
- Transforming Finance