Last weekend, scores of occupiers took buses from New York to Chicago to join thousands of people from the social justice movement, peace advocates, occupiers, students, and labor to face the forces of the self-appointed world police: NATO. The demonstrators protested the culture of militarism, war, and oppression pursued by NATO, by creatively bringing their messages to the streets. Once again peaceful demonstrators were pushed back violently and then blamed for the violence. The only suitable answer for those who try to silence us is to speak even louder, take more streets, occupy more public space, and continue to inspire the 99% to create democratic change. Read more…
The Business for Democracy Campaign, which the American Sustainable Business Council is spearheading in partnership with Free Speech for People is tackling the compelling issue of corporate contributions to political campaigns.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United v. FEC decision on January 21, 2010 allows corporations to spend unlimited funds to support or oppose candidates for political office, overturning campaign finance laws in place for decades. The Business for Democracy campaign is an initiative of business leaders and their companies who believe this ruling is in direct conflict with American democratic principles and a serious threat to good government. The campaign supports the four members of the Supreme Court and the 80 percent of Americans who disagree with the decision (Washington Post poll, Feb. 17, 2010).
What Does ‘Wealth of Networks’ Mean?
- Ethical Markets Media creates partnerships with like-minded organizations, thus building the value of our network, while recognizing that building a sustainable world is a collective effort.
Check out the Wealth of our Network in our Partner Links section.
- Read Wikinomics by Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams, Penguin Group, 2006
See our SRI picks and check CSRHub for the sustainability ratings of thousands of companies with this widget.
Social Investment Indexes
- IIRC Secretariat – Pilot Programme & Communications
- Green Transition Scoreboard®
- Sustainable Development Update – 16 April 2014 – Sustainable Development Policy & Practice
- Fellowships, contests, and job listings, oh my!
- Koch net worth hits $100 billion as Supreme Court lifts limits on cash for Congress
News by Topic
- Green Prosperity
- Reforming Global Finance
- Community Development Solutions
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Global Citizenship
- Sustainability News
- Energy Efficiency
- Wealth of Networks
- Earth Systems Science
- Sustainability Research Group
- Advisors' Forum
- Books and Reviews
- Our Presentations
- The Power of Yin
- Partner Links
- Articles by Hazel Henderson
- TV Series
- Green Transition Scoreboard
- News You Need
- Introduction to Ethical Markets
- Beyond GDP
- Ethical Markets Originals
- Ethical Markets Review
- Reports Relevant to GTS:
- Reports You Need
- The Blog
- Transforming Finance